Join the DP R&D Team
Dakota Power seeks the following key staff members to participate in the development of a revolutionary lightweight electric drive system. The Dakota Power electric drive system employs unique patented innovations to respond to the urgent needs for lightweight and fuel efficient power systems for both military and commercial applications.
Dakota Power, LLC, is located in Rapid City, South Dakota. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive salary package, insurance, retirement, vacation and sick leave. Please email your application detailing your experiences and three references to Dakota Power
Dakota Power, LLC, is committed to diversity and equality in employment.
Full time and part-time positions are available for majors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and Mechanical Engineering. Funding is available for BS, MS, and Ph.D. projects and thesis. Intern salaries at Dakota Power are nationally competitive.
Interns are invited to develop creative solutions in the following areas:
- Prototype of a high efficiency remotely operated vehicle
- High speed micro turbine power generation
- Finite element 3D analysis of magnetic field technologies
- Software for the manufacture of scalable electric drives
- Power switching controllers for drive systems
- High density battery power systems
- Zero emissions alternative energy electric drive systems
- Dynamic optimization of drive system performance
- Development of materials for high density magnetic fields
Dakota Power was selected by the South Dakota Governor’s Office of Economic Development to participate in the Dakota Seeds program supported through NSF. This program provides opportunities for students to participate in intern experiences with South Dakota companies to prepare graduates to create innovative new companies in science, technology, mathematics, and engineering.